Monday, September 16, 2013

Across the Pond: Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Nail Polishes

Good Evening, lovely people! I'm sorry that this post is going up relatively late; this past week has been one of the longest and most stressful weeks I've had my entire life. *SIGH* BUT, it's a new week, Monday is over, and I'm going out to kick some ass.
A couple weeks ago, one of Rachel's friends came home from the UK with some goodies for us. When I learned that she was going to pick up things for us, I specifically asked for these nail polishes, especially because I've seen so many European bloggers/ Youtubers rave about them.

Barry M's Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paints.... I think I hear angels singing. I have three shades in this line: Grapefruit, Pomegranate, and Blue Grape. Though each bottle varies slightly in wear and application, all three of them, once dry, has an incredible shine that looks deceptively like a top coat.
Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paints in: Grapefruit, Blue Grape and Pomegranate



Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paint in Grapefruit





Out of the three, Grapefruit was definitely the shade I was most excited about. I'm a sucker for pinks and this one is just... fab. However, upon application I wasn't extremely pleased. I saved this shade for last, and it look almost 4 coats to get to opacity... Like really? Not happy.
Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paint in Blue Grape










Blue Grape, on the other hand, was just fantastic. Opaque after two coats, Blue Grape is a bright cobalt blue (deceptive name!) that matches with my college's colors and was a great way to show some school spirit at our opening football game. Lasting power, with an additional topcoat, came in at a week and a half.
Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paint in Pomegranate








Pomegranate was the clear winner of these three nails polishes. It was opaque after only... ONE coat. Yes, you read that right! I am pretty terrible at doing my nails, so the less coats I have to put on, the better. A beautiful berry shade, Pomegrante just looks amazing on my skin tone right now, I couldn't be happier. On my nails, Pomegrante lasted nearly two weeks without chipping. ^______^



These total gems are only £3.99 or about $6. If you ever make that trip over to the UK,
 I definitely recommend checking these out! 
Thank you, thank you for reading! Stay tuned next week for a haul that I've been waiting on for AGES. ^_^

*All abovementioned products were purchased with my own money. All comments are my own, honest opinions and observations.*

1 comment: