Monday, September 30, 2013

NYX Part 2: Lip Showdown!

Hello lovely readers, and happy Monday! I apologize for posting this so late; my camera decided that yesterday would be the perfect time to not turn on. *sigh* But anyways! On with the review~
These three products are all from NYX; hopefully you've all seen my previous review on the Mega Shine Lip Glosses! 
For the sake of reviewing, I picked up one NYX Butter Gloss (Apple Strudel), one Xtreme Lip Cream 
(Candyland), and one of the wildly popular Soft Matte Lip Creams (Antwerp). Because they all came out at $6 each, (a dollar more than the Mega Shine Glosses,) I wanted to see whether they would be worth my (and your) extra dollar. So, here we go!
NYX Butter Gloss(Apple Strudel), Soft Matte Lip Cream (Antwerp), Xtreme Lip Cream (Candyland)


NYX Butter Gloss in Apple Strudel 
First up, the Butter Gloss. I purchased this product mainly to see how it would perform against the cheaper Mega Shine Lip Glosses, hoping that it would totally blow me out of the water. I ended up picking a pretty light pink/coral shade called Apple Strudel. I am happy to report that it performs just as well as the Mega Shines, however, the little doe foot applicator is smaller and less angled in comparison to the Mega Shine, so application is a little more difficult. Scentwise, it smells like cotton candy and has no gross taste. Yay! Bottom line, though, I would save my one dollar and just purchase the Mega Shine Lip Glosses and just be done with it.
Butter Gloss Application
___________________________________________________________________________________
NYX Xtreme Lip Cream in CandyLand 


Next, the Xtreme Lip Cream. Three words for you here, friends. DO. NOT. BUY. When I first gave this product a sniff, I was totally expecting a sweet, fruity scent like the other products I've purchased. The Xtreme Lip Cream smells like... buttered plastic. *HURK* It's disgusting, it dries out your lips/catches on all dry patches, and it looks about three shades lighter on my lips that swatched on the back of my hand. The final straw? If you accidentally get some of this in your mouth, you're heading straight to gag city. The only redeeming quality of this product is that it is insanely pigmented. But I'd rather not gag when putting on a lip product, please.
Xtreme Lip Cream Demo (yuck)
___________________________________________________________________________________

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Antwerp

Lastly, the very much talked about Soft Matte Lip Cream. I was definitely most excited to try this product out, especially because it has been praised by so many bloggers/Youtubers. I picked out Antwerp, a pink/coral hue that I thought might be flattering on my skin tone. If you haven't ever tried this product, the first time you apply it will definitely be a little... strange. The formulation makes it feel like you're putting silk between your lips and when you screw the applicator back into the tube, you feel little to no resistance, reminiscent of putting a straw into whipped cream. On the lips this color was definitely a little lighter than expected, but the wear and feel of it is great. Definitely something to try! Scentwise, it smells like vanilla frosting, which makes me want to eat it... if you're not into that, please give this a sniff before you commit! 
Soft Matte Lip Cream Application
So, that's it for this post! Thank you thank you for reading, I apologize for the awkward face and awkward hairdo, I was totally racing the sun trying to take pictures, hahah. Stay tuned for a blog post in a couple of days. 

*All abovementioned products were purchased with my own money. All comments are my own, honest opinions and observations. .gifs were created on gifmaker.me*

1 comment:

  1. NYX Butter Glosses are where it's at! Love the pigmentation and especially the smell!

    Elise @ A Bow On Top

    ReplyDelete