Sunday, September 22, 2013

NYX Part 1: Mega Shine Lip Gloss *MLBB Alert!*

Good Afternoon, Friends! I am ridiculously excited to share this post with you today, so I'm just going to jump right into it...
While wandering through the makeup aisles at Target last week, I happened upon... a glorious NYX stand. After almost a full minute of silent screaming and jumping up and down, I went absolutely nutso and came home with lots of goodies. I plan on reviewing each bit once I've formed a decent opinion on them, but these pretty gems almost immediately found a home in my pencil case. (My pencil case is the equivalent of my favorite purse. Wherever I go, it goes.)

 When I look for lip gloss, I want some that are wearable, unoffensive (scent and comfort-wise) and non-drying. NYX Mega Shine Lip Glosses definitely fit that bill AND they are affordable!!!!

NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Tea Rose (Top) and Beige (Bottom) 

Beige was the first tube I picked up under the influence of some of my favorite Youtube makeup girls, and my makeup soul sista at home. I love it. It's a little too light for me to consider it an MLBB for my skin tone, but it's incredibly wearable and very flattering.

NYX Beige Application
I picked up Tea Rose on a second trip to Target (terrible, I know), thinking that this shade would be a closer MLBB match for me. I was not disappointed!


NYX Tea Rose Application

I feel I need to note that these lip glosses are scented,;they smell of cherry flavored medicine, which can sometimes be offensive when I wear it, but because it fades very quickly, I don't find it a problem. If you are extremely sensitive to scent, however, take a sniff before you commit!

   NYX Beige,                        Swatches: Tea Rose (Top) Beige (Bottom)                NYX Tea Rose 
Bottom line? At $4.99 each, these NYX Mega Shine Lip Glosses are worth every penny and more.
NYX's Mega Shine Lip Gloss is one of those products that makes you second-guess buying that high-end lip gloss at Sephora. With an oversized, angled doe-foot applicator, a smooth, non-sticky formula that doesn't dry out the lips and a wide range of shades, these glosses are a definite home run.
I'm definitely looking for more shades to try, so if you have any to suggest, please comment below!

Thank you for reading! Stay tuned next week for the next NYX installment! :) 

*All abovementioned products were purchased with my own money. All comments are my own, honest opinions and observations. .gifs were created on gifmaker.me*

No comments:

Post a Comment